Cowley County Extension Master Gardeners
The Cowley County Extension Master Gardener Program is a volunteer organization designed to provide the public with research-based horticultural information.
Local Extension Master Gardeners are involved with a variety of community education projects like:
- Celebrate Ag workshops
- outreach with Winfield Correctional Center
- Education garden at Community Health Center
- Youth education at schools and farmers markets
Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2022 training program.
Click to: Learn more or apply
Link to K-State Garden Hour webinar series
Lawn and Garden
- Do you have an unknown insect that is attacking your crop, landscape or garden? We prefer pictures (with a ruler or common object to help determine size) or dead samples (put in a plastic zip bag and freeze).
- Do you need a soil report prior to planting your crop, lawn or garden? We can send your soil to the K-State Soil Testing Lab and provide follow-up recommendations.
- Do you need someone to provide advice about your trees (or lawn, etc) and not be worried that they are trying to sell you product? We are here to provide research-based information that can equip you to make an informed decision.
KSRE resources for your lawn and garden
What variety of ______ should I plant in my yard?
- Preferred Trees for South Central Kansas
- WaterWise Plants
- Prairie Star Annual Flowers
- Prairie Bloom Perennial Flowers
- Ornamental Grasses
- Deciduous Shrubs
- Evergreen Shrubs
The Kansas Garden Guide is accessible for free. Print copies are available for purchase from our office.